Independent SEO Product Management Consultant. I specialise in working with in-house teams to drive SEO results. Author of The SEO Sprint Newsletter.
- SEO Consultant with 10 years of experience in SEO, Digital and Product.
- Senior SEO Consultant who has worked with brands like Glassdoor and Ladbrokes Sports.
- Product Manager for 2.5 years at DeepCrawl an enterprise SEO crawling tool.
- Product Lead on five successful feature releases for enterprise customers.
- Experience working day-to-day with engineering, design and commercial teams.
- Experience working agency-side and in-house.]
About Adam Gent
I’ve worked in SEO and digital for over 10 years.
I’ve had the opportunity to work for some of the best SEO agencies in the world as a senior member of the SEO team.
It was agency-side that I found one of my passions: Technical SEO.
I always enjoyed investigating technical problems, explaining possible solutions and working with client development teams to implement recommendations.
Working agency-side and passionate to work on a variety of different projects, I developed and become an expert in:
- Technical SEO Audits
- SEO and Content Strategies
- Website Quality Audits
- Website Migrations
I quickly gained a reputation for being a technical but approachable problem solver which helped me further my career and become a senior member of the team working with clients like Ladbrokes Sports, Money.co.uk and bathstore.
As a senior member of the SEO team, I also:
- Trained junior members of the SEO team
- Ran SEO training sessions for clients
- Created processes and audit frameworks for the team
- Created technical slides for sales pitch decks.
I even started a Technical SEO Podcast with Dan Taylor in the final year of being agency-side.
After 7 years of being agency-side, I moved in-house at Deepcrawl as one of the earliest members of their Professional Services team.
As a Professional Services team member at Deepcrawl, I worked with customers to debug complex technical SEO problems with enterprise-level software for some of the largest enterprise websites in the world.
After a short while, I was quickly given the opportunity to be a Product Manager in the product and engineering team.
I was given access to some of the best product training in the world, becoming a Certified Scrum Product Owner early on in this product role.
It was in this role I broadened my knowledge an in-house role on how to:
- Define goals, strategy, and roadmap for a product development team
- Create clear specifications and prioritise work with the engineering team
- Create an education programme on how to use the product
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports on the progress of projects
- Conduct user testing and customer interviews to identify opportunities
This role changed not only my direction but also my mindset.
After almost 10 years the skills and experience agency-side and in-house helped me launch my own business as an independent SEO consultant.
I am now an Independent SEO Product Management Consultant who offers unique SEO consultancy services that help in-house SEO teams to deliver technical solutions that drive business results.
In January 2021 I released a newsletter The SEO Sprint which aims to provide advice on how SEOs can work more effectively with dev and product teams.
I believe a balanced lifestyle is critical to effective work. Outside of work I enjoy hiking, fine dining, and reading a good book.
I live with my wife in the city of York, and I take advantage of the Yorkshire countryside by walking regularly outside work hours.
Published Articles and Talks on the Web
I have been writing and talking about technical SEO since 2016. I was fortunate to speak at BrightonSEO in April 2019.
- Measure Core Web Vitals and Web Performance Metrics in Deepcrawl
- AMP Validation in Deepcrawl
- Summarize your crawl data with Data Explorer, Deepcrawl
- BrightonSEO April 2019: The State of the Web: Search Friendly Pagination and Infinite Scroll (Video)
- BrightonSEO April 2019: The State of the Web: Search Friendly Pagination and Infinite Scroll (article)
- Pagination SEO: A Best Practice Guide
- Deepcrawl Log File Integration: Logz.io
- Schema.org and Structured Data Analysis in Deepcrawl
- How To Manually Upload Files in Deepcrawl
- How is DeepRank calculated in Deepcrawl?
- A guide to planning downtime for your website, SALT.agency
- The SEO guide to the Google Lighthouse tool, SALT.agency
- Missing SEO features in Magento 2 default settings, SALT.agency
- The Technical SEO Podcast (Season 1 with Dan Taylor)
- How Agile Technical SEO Can Add Value To Your SEO Campaign, Figaro Digital