Hello, I’m Adam.
I’m an Independent SEO Product Manager and Technical SEO who lives in the United Kingdom.
I specialise in working with product, development and design teams to plan, scope and execute SEO projects that drive results.
I’ve worked in SEO for over 10 years in various roles in both agency and in-house.
- Author The SEO Sprint newsletter
- Creator of the Think like an SEO Product Manager course
- Independent SEO Product Manager and Technical SEO.
- Senior SEO Consultant with over 10 years experience.
- Previously, worked as a Product Manager at DeepCrawl.
- Specialist in working with engineering, design and product teams.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Experience working agency-side and in-house.
Career in SEO
I’ve worked in SEO and digital for over 10 years.
I’ve had the opportunity to work for some of the best SEO agencies in the world as a senior member of the SEO team.
It was agency-side that I found one of my passions: Technical SEO.
I always enjoyed investigating technical problems, explaining possible solutions and working with client development teams to implement recommendations.
I quickly thrived working with complex client sites and was given advanced problems on sites built with Angular, Vue.js and React.js.
Working agency-side and passionate to work on a variety of different projects, I developed and become an expert in:
- Technical SEO Audits
- SEO and Content Strategies
- Website Quality Audits
- Website Migrations
At Branded3, I quickly gained a reputation for being a technical but approachable problem solver which helped me further my career and became a senior member of the team working with clients like Ladbrokes Sports, Money.co.uk and bathstore.
As a senior member of the SEO team, I also:
- Trained junior members of the SEO team
- Ran SEO training sessions for clients
- Created processes and audit frameworks for the team
- Created technical slides for sales pitch decks.
I even started a Technical SEO Podcast with Dan Taylor in the final year of being agency-side.
After 7 years of being agency-side, I moved in-house at Deepcrawl in 2018 as one of the earliest members of their Professional Services team.
As a Professional Services team member at Deepcrawl, I worked with customers to debug complex technical SEO problems with enterprise-level software for some of the largest enterprise websites in the world.
Career in Product Management
After a short while, I was quickly given the opportunity to be a Product Manager in the product and engineering team.
I was given access to some of the best product training in the world, becoming a Certified Scrum Product Owner early on in this product role.
I spent over 2 years working alongside the engineering team to launch new features such as Segmentation, Core Web Vitals and The Data Explorer.
It was in this role I broadened my knowledge an in-house role on how to:
- Define goals, strategy, and roadmap for a product development team
- Create clear specifications and prioritise work with the engineers
- Create an education programme on how to use the product
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports on the progress of projects
- Conduct user testing and customer interviews
This role changed not only my direction but also my mindset.
After almost 10 years the skills and experience agency-side and in-house helped me launch my own business as an independent SEO consultant.
I am now an Independent SEO Product Manager who offers unique SEO consultancy services that help in-house SEO teams to deliver technical solutions that drive business results.
I specialise in helping businesses and development teams make frameworks like Next.js and Gatsby.js SEO-friendly.
As someone who enjoys sharing knowledge, I write regularly for my blog and to my Twitter followers about SEO Product Management and Technical SEO.
In January 2021 I released a newsletter The SEO Sprint which aims to provide advice on how SEOs can work more effectively with dev and product teams.
I believe a balanced lifestyle is critical to practical work. Outside of work I enjoy hiking, fine dining, and reading a good book.
I live with my wife in the city of York, and I take advantage of the Yorkshire countryside by walking regularly outside work hours.
You can also find me here:
Published Articles and Talks on the Web
I have been writing and talking about technical SEO since 2016. I was fortunate to speak at BrightonSEO in April 2019.